Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hair Dye & Bleach...?

I've been dyeing/highlighting my hair since I was in 6th grade. I'm in 10th now, and I've had no problems with thinning or anything.



My natural color is dark brown and I dye it in steps to light brown.



Last time I dyed it, which was the middle of October. This time I used bleach first, and this is the first time I ever did.



Lately I've been noticing that a lot of my hair has been on my shirts and sweatshirts. And I don't know if I'm paranoid or something, but I think my hair feels thinner. As in when it's in a pony tail, it's not as big.



Would the bleach have a dramatic effect?



I really would rather not stop dying my hair. But I don't know if I need to, or if the bleach was just a bad idea.



Thanks so much.



Hair Dye %26amp; Bleach...?

bleaching and hair dying ALWAYS ruins hair (unless it's natural dye like henna)



try some deep conditioning treatments once or twice a week that should help



Hair Dye %26amp; Bleach...?

bleaching doesn't completely ruin your hair, but it does damage it a bit. naturally i have dark brown hair and now i have veryyyy bleach blonde hair with black and red chunks in it. i suggest you invest in some "anti-snap" by Redken. it comes in a blue container. Put that in your hair after you shower before bed and leave it in over night. Also, don't wash your hair everyday. When you shoer, just condtion it, don't use shampoo. Shampoo takes out all the natrual oils in your hair which dries it out and the bleach already dried out your hair enough as it is. Also, get a heat activated hair treatment. Put it in your hair and blow dry it and then rinse it out.



Hair Dye %26amp; Bleach...?

Henna is the WORST thing for hair. It seals the hair so completely that you can't do any other chemical treatment on it until it's cut out.



Anyways...bleach is damaging. Color is damaging also, but not like bleach. It could have put too much stress on your scalp, and you could be losing it. It could also be breaking off midshaft. You might have to start really taking care of your hair right now, and be really gentle with it. Buy yourself a good shampoo and conditioner. If you can't afford professional, I always liked Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. If you can find it, Terax Crema is excellent also. If you can afford it, try Sebastian Potion 9. It is great for repairing damaged hair. You might just have to lay off any heating appliances for a little while.



Hair Dye %26amp; Bleach...?

people naturally shed hair too. certain times of the year are worse than others, but just take care of your hair with the right shampoo and cond. and it will be okay. if you are really conserned go to your stylist and ask them how your hair is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
internet security