Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hair help...(colorwise)?

I went to the salon yesterday and asked for some low lights, a brown with a LITTLE red tint - she showed me on the color swatch and I found the perfect shade. But...I ended up with chunky maroon lowlights. My hair was blonde before, and I wanted to keep it majority blonde...but the red is taking over and I'm kind of unhappy. I wouldn't call it a total disaster but I'd like to see a LOT more blonde in my hair. I don't want to go back there, because I feel like it would be a big slap in the face to the stylist....what can I do? If I wait a bit, and give it a few shampoos, will it begin to fade to an even lighter red??



Hair help...(colorwise)?

Please don't feel weird about going back to the salon to have the stylist fix it. Even if it's another stylist that does the fixing. You are a paying customer and should get what you expected to get and nothing less.



Hair help...(colorwise)?

i would go back to the salon as you have paid good money but if you really do not want to go back try wash ing your hair with warmer temperature water this will help to fade it x x



Hair help...(colorwise)?

You know how there are shampoos especially for keeping your newly colored hair from fading? Well, I'm guessing if you just buy and use regular shampoos, the fading process will go a lot faster. I don't know that for sure, but I'm assuming.



Hair help...(colorwise)?

yes, please go back.



I know you will feel bad, but overall a good stylist wants you to be happy--really.



i have had t go back once, it was akward at first, but in the end we were all very happy.



Hair help...(colorwise)?

When your hair fades (and trust me..it will fade fast, due to the color being red..the fastest fading color) it wont be a lighter version of what you wanted. It will most likely turn a brassy off red color. You need to call the salon and ask to speak to the manager. Explain your situation and ask if she might be able to do a color correction herself or set you up with a stylist who is more experienced with color. This way you can save yourself the anxiety of going through another color process with the same stylist as before. Youre a paying customer and the salon needs to know what areas they need to improve on. Its a business..so their feelings shouldnt be involved. Be brave and bold and go get the color you payed for! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
internet security