Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How can I get my curly hair to stay the way it looks when it is wet? (soft and defied)?

My hair looks its BEST when its dripping wet. The curls are big and defined, and fall *perfectly*. But as soon as it starts to dry it just shrivels up and frizzes out! I tried conditioning and not rinsing it all the way out in cold water, applying leave in conditioner, frizz ease, everything! Mya hair goes from Mya to Kelis within 15 minutes! How do i keep it soft and manageable?



How can I get my curly hair to stay the way it looks when it is wet? (soft and defied)?

aussie "schrunch" spray. . put it in think while its dripping wet and then dont mess with it as it drys . maybe a little to add some body . .but use a good "silk" treatment occasionally (fructis makes one . i cant remember the name of it . .but it comes in a little round globe and it smells wonderful ) but this will help keep the frize out and the sexy in .. mmmmm



How can I get my curly hair to stay the way it looks when it is wet? (soft and defied)?

Only towel dry don't use a hairdryer and use a good curl defining creme. I use Aveda Be Curly, it works really well and because it's a creme it leaves the hair soft.



How can I get my curly hair to stay the way it looks when it is wet? (soft and defied)?

use a good quality hair gel or mousse and apply it to your hair while it's still wet. finger comb it, and then leave it alone. you'll have to experiment with the amount of product you use to get the effect you want.



How can I get my curly hair to stay the way it looks when it is wet? (soft and defied)?

I have uncontrollably curly hair, up to my shoulders, which goes all jekyll and hyde on me, if I don't do the following.



One option: I put a dime-size drop of sweet almond or jojoba oil in one hand, and then rub my palms together, before applying it all over towel-dried hair. (But avoid the scalp when doing this or you'll end up with greasy roots and a shiny forehead.) After which I comb my hair with a large, wide-tooth comb. Then, I just lightly twirl a few strands around the hair-line if necessary.



Other option: I wash my hair with two-in-one shampoo, and after towel-drying it, I apply a dime-size blob of regular hair conditioner to my hair, avoiding the scalp. I comb it using a wide-tooth comb only.



Sometimes, I use Sunsilk's leave-in conditioner because it creates perfect curls in humid weather.



Between washes, I dampen my hair in the shower, lightly pat the ends of my hair with a towel so that it won't drip any more water, and then, I apply a small blob of regular hair conditioner before combing it through.



The basic idea is to moisturise the strands and then separate them gently to prevent clumping. Also, the ingredients of hair conditioners seem to weigh down/loosen up the strands. As for the oils: jojoba is very similar to the human skin's natural hydrating substances, but being a waxy substance (which looks like an oil), it can also prevent frizzing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
internet security