Friday, June 18, 2010

Trouble cutting my long hair, anyone else gone through this?

Ok, so I'm almost 18. I've been through the whole teenage, long hair metal stage of my life. I still love my metal, and I still love, or at least loved my long hair. Everyone even my mom, who begged me to cut my hair while it was growing, thinks that really long hair, in comparison to the average woman's long hair, looked better on me than any other hairstyles because of my facial features.



Anyways, I cut my hair about half the length, to something like Johnny Depp has it nowadays. Still fairly long, but it was a big change. It has been my security blanket for almost 3 years so I can't help feel this way.



Anyways, on to my point. I got hired at a local grocery store recently, and boy, did I need a job. I'm grateful that I have it. The person who hired me didn't say I had to cut my hair, but she said that I can't have it in my face, which is really hard to do since it's middle length.



So unless I figure a way to put it back, it has to go.



Has anyone experience something similar?



Trouble cutting my long hair, anyone else gone through this?

Please cut your hair. Long hair on men is not attractive... at all.



Trouble cutting my long hair, anyone else gone through this?

Use bobby pins to pin the side back so they dont hang in your face.



Trouble cutting my long hair, anyone else gone through this?

try gelling it.. my bf had the same problem every1 would beg him to cut his hair.. nd now he did.. its always in his face though so he gels it.. if that doesnt work try ponytail w/ bobbypins.. hope i helped ;)



Trouble cutting my long hair, anyone else gone through this?

Grunge is hot. Long is hot. Keep it long! :D



Even if you have to pull your bangs up and put em in a half pony tail. Its still going to look good. Just dont cut it! Lol, I dont like seeing the long hair go out of style. Its gorgeous!



I'm a girl, but i had the same problem. I had hair long down my back, and i didnt want to cut it because any time i was pissed off or anything, i could just put my head down and forget everyone. but when i cut it was easier to take care of. but i deffinitely miss the long headbangin hair ;)



Congrats on the new job!



Trouble cutting my long hair, anyone else gone through this?

you should be able to pull your hair back at that length. my hair sits above my shoulders and i can pull it back easily. if not, and you don't mind too much, wear it in pigtails so that way the hair next to your face is pulled back.



you can also pull it behind your ears and tuck it away with some hairpins.



i'm a huge fan of dudes with long hair, especially if it's johnny depp or that kind of length.



Trouble cutting my long hair, anyone else gone through this?

Can you pull it back in a ponytail? That's a nice look. A lot of guys look good with neat shoulder length hair. Hair any longer on a guy is kinda creepy. Especially on older guys. I am sure cutting it was a good choice, your mom would not steer you wrong.



I can relate to the whole feeling weird about cutting it shorter. Long hair can be a security blanket, you can hide behind it, but it doesn't mean its the best look for you.



Trouble cutting my long hair, anyone else gone through this?

When my husband was growing his hair out and it was in that awkward 'it won't fit in a ponytail' phase, he wore hats. He bought about seventeen different hats and wore them everywhere. Some were boating hats, some were baseball caps, I think he even got one from a tractor dealer (I threw that one away it was so horrid). So ask if you can wear a hat while you're at work.



If not, you can always get the Jessica Simpson extensions and put it back in a ponytail. 8D

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
internet security